At FESPA 2022 in Berlin, Canon has revealed three European premieres:
- FLXfinish+, the unique UVgel feature that, with one ink set, lets large format graphics customers produce matte, gloss and mixed matte and gloss in one print
- Its fastest flatbed printer in the Arizona range, the Arizona 6100 Mark II series
- PRISMA XL Suite, workflow software designed to help large format graphics designers and print service providers (PSPs) create unrivalled and inspiring print applications
One click, two finishes, one print with FLXfinish+
Canon’s large format graphics, roll-to-roll Colorado series is known for giving customers a choice between a velvety matte or vibrant glossy finish with just one ink set. Today at FESPA 2022, we are unveiling the next step for the Colorado series: FLXfinish+, the unique ability to print a mixed matte and gloss finish in one print, at the click of a button.
Being able to have both finishes in one print enables PSPs to take a whole list of applications to the next level – from making brands stand out on point-of-sale (POS) and retail advertising, to bringing labels and decals to life with glossy highlights, to creating amazing effects for interior décor applications.
The patented UVgel technology enables this unique effect without having to use an extra varnish channel or consumables and does it in a one-step, fully automated process, so you can run it unattended and without additional running costs.
FLXfinish+ will be featured as standard on all Colorado 1650s and optional on all Colorado 1630s. It is also available as an upgrade to all 1630s and 1650s already installed with customers, which emphasises Canon’s commitment to offering customers a smart investment solution.
New Arizona 6100 Mark II, the fastest flatbed in the Arizona range
Designed for high-volume, large format graphics producers and the latest model in the next generation of the Arizona family, the Arizona 6100 Mark II is a reliable, easy-to-integrate, high-volume, true flatbed flagship printer. The Arizona 6100 Mark II series is the fastest flatbed printer in the world-leading Arizona family, with a print speed of up to 220m²/hr (2,368ft²/hr), servicing print environments with volumes of 20,000m² (200,000ft²) up to 300,000m² (3,000,000ft²) per year.
The Arizona 6100 Mark II series consists of two models. The first is the Arizona 6100 XTS Mark II, which has been designed for PSPs who use a more varied range of substrates as it can print on almost any rigid media. With the XTS version, the independent control of vacuum zones means customers can simultaneously handle multiple boards, unusually shaped substrates and staged/staggered jobs for continuous printing.
The second model is the Arizona 6100 XTHF Mark II, which is supported by Arizona High-FLOW technology. This version has been created for large format graphics PSPs and print factories who specialise in packaging or print on more challenging substrates — such as porous corrugated cardboard or severely warped substrates like plywood — that may not adequately seal the vacuum area. On this model, the Arizona High-FLOW technology achieves pull-down and hold-down by effectively overwhelming the substrate with a suction power 15 times stronger than the pressure exerted by the vacuum of the Arizona XTS.
The Arizona 6100 Mark II series has the latest technical innovations to support customers who are looking to improve production efficiencies with automation. Thanks to the future-ready Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for accounting and automation, users can achieve easy integration with third-party systems like management reporting systems and create an end-to-end workflow for increased productivity through robotisation.
Make It BIG with PRISMA XL Suite
Building on its successful PRISMA range of print production workflow software, today we are also introducing the PRISMA XL Suite created to help large format graphics designers and PSPs to deliver value-add print applications, as well as to automate production of complex jobs, while helping them to maximise the uptime of their machines.
The PRISMA XL Suite consists of:
- PRISMAguide XL, the successor of Arizona Xpert and also available on our Colorado roll-to-roll printers. Available now, PRISMAguide XL is a powerful and easy-to-use design and job automation software application to automate and simplify print job preparation for first-time-ready print files. The intuitive prepress software stores the file settings in a recipe, enabling future jobs to be prepared more quickly and easily time after time, for long-term production efficiencies.
- PRISMA remote app – Ensures that customers are not only able to monitor jobs with their Colorado roll-to-roll printers, but that they can also be notified of any actions to keep them running 24/7.
- PRISMAservice – A new cloud-based platform that provides faster, more efficient and more effective customer support for Arizona and Colorado printers. PRISMAservice is also available for partners who look after the servicing and maintenance of machines in the field.
Canon has extended the coverage of its proCARE after-sales service programme for its full Large Format Graphics portfolio and it’s now available for all customers worldwide.Learn more
Canon today announces that it has received from PRINTING United Alliance four Pinnacle Product Awards for its Colorado 1630 UVgel roll-to-roll printer and its Arizona 1380 GT, Arizona 2380 GTF and Arizona 2380 XTF flatbed printers, and two Pinnacle InterTech Awards for its Canon UVgel 460 Ink technology and Canon Arizona FLOW technology.Learn more